Thursday, July 10, 2014

Oh Deer!




While deer are a pretty common sight in Narragansett, our neighborhood is not overly rural.  I have never seen any in this immediate vicinity during our four years at the beach until yesterday.  My son was sitting at the table eating his waffles and said, "Mom, look.  A deer."  I said 'yeah, right', as he is always the comedian.  I looked out the kitchen window and sure enough, there was a doe just standing there.  I grabbed my camera and took two photos from the window.  I went outside, but as soon as she saw me, she ran. 




2 comments:

  1. We are seeing quite a few as well, I think the population is high and needs to be culled, I know that sounds cruel but we see 5 or 6 dead ones every time we drive from Ct to Pa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really see a lot of deer but then again I am usually in the city. On the bike path I ride, I only see them occasionally as well.

      Delete