Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Gone to the Beach



My sons, daughter and I have been at the beach for the past week and a half.  This is the fourth year that I've rented a beach house for a month.  I grew up always wishing to live at the beach during the summers, from when school got out in June until Labor Day, but my parents never even took me to the beach.  As my 50th birthday approached, I told my husband I wanted to rent a house for a month.  He sarcastically retorted "yeah right".  I heard the 'yeah' and went with it.  We almost divorced that year.

After he saw how much the boys enjoyed it, he told me to rent the house again the following year, so it's now become a yearly event.  He hardly comes down during our month, which I have to admit is a nice break for me!

He will call and ask, "what did you do today".  And it's always the same answer.  "We went to the beach, came back to the house, showered and had dinner."    


Well, what else are you supposed to do when you're at the beach?


Hope you are all enjoying your summer!

2 comments:

  1. My daughter and her family just spent the week at East Beach in RI, they love it too. Relax and enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the RI beaches! The past 2 weeks have been beautiful here! Only a couple of days that weren't so great!! We are having a blast! Glad they enjoyed it!!

      Delete