Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Beek Geek and Proud Of It




To know the Fabulous Beekman Boys, Josh Kilmer Purcell and Brent Ridge, is to love them.  My family has watched them from their adventures as two city boys who bought a farm in upstate NY to their exciting race around the world on the Amazing Race (which they won). 

This past weekend we attended the Sharon Springs Garden Party and visited the new Beekman 1802 Mercantile.






The newest addition to the Beekman line is their goat milk ice cream.  Sadly, I am not a big goat milk/cheese fan, but I decided to try the Tart Cherry Almond Swirl ice cream anyway and it truly was Fabulous!  I can’t wait to try more flavors next time we’re in town!




We visited with Josh’s mom Jackie at the Beekman farm, watched Farmer John supervising the milking of the goats, met Faintly, the smallest of the baby goats born this year, said hello to PolkaSpot and met önder, Josh & Brent’s new puppy. 








It's always a treat to see Josh & Brent as well as other friends we've come to know in Sharon Springs.  I was able to stock up on some favorites at the new store as well as purchase a couple of their newer items, tomato sauce and BBQ sauce!  So, until next time...






2 comments:

  1. I think they make goat milk caramel, or maybe I'm mixing it up w/ another product line... which I've had and is delish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they do have goat milk caramel, both regular flavored and habanero flavored. They have been adding more and more to their product line and everything is soooo good!!

      Delete