Thursday, August 23, 2012

When Life Gives You Lemons...

Make lemonade...Or better yet, make Lemon Drops!

My friend Mary & I met at the beach last year and she always raved about the lemon drops her family would make after spending the day at the beach.  This year, I just had to try one and one evening, the kids and I went to her beach house and she made one for me.  And at that moment I discovered my new favorite drink.  The secret to her lemon drop was that it did not taste like alcohol.  It tasted like fresh squeezed lemonade.



In spite of the fact that I still have no official followers on my blog, I do see that there are quite a few of you viewing my posts so I am sharing this wonderful refreshing recipe with you!


You will need the following:



Mary suggests not using a top shelf citron vodka such as Absolute as it gives a stronger alcohol taste.  She prefers Svedka Citron.

In a martini mixer about 1/2 full of ice, using the top (jigger), add 2 jiggers of Svedka Citron and 1 jigger of Triple Sec.  Mix 2 (single serve) envelopes of Truvia with 8 oz of water and add to the mixer.  Juice 2 fresh lemons and add the juice and the skins to the mixer reserving a piece of the skin to rub the rim of the glass.  Rim the glass with additional Truvia, let sit a couple of minutes, shake  and pour.  

Cheers!!!

(Let me know how you like it!!)











No comments:

Post a Comment