Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Appreciate the Simple Things

My yard is home to a very large butterfly bush that over the years has attracted assorted species of butterflies, dragonflies, bees, birds and even the occasional hummingbird which is quite unusual being in the city.  But yesterday, while helping my husband catch up on some yard work, I noticed an extra flurry of activity on that bush.  It looked like there were dozens of monarch butterflies, however on closer inspection, I realized they were similar to but not actually monarchs.  After a little research on google, I learned they were called Painted Lady or American Lady Butterflies.  



Fascinated by the sheer number of them and the flurry of activity, I grabbed my camera and started shooting from the deck and then from even under the bush.  The time flew, daily stresses ebbed away, and there was nothing left but sheer enjoyment and appreciation for these little beauties of nature.  







Swallowtail Butterfly

Dragonfly

A real Monarch butterfly

No comments:

Post a Comment