Monday, August 18, 2014

Where Has The Summer Gone?



There's a cool breeze out today for mid-August.  It actually feels like autumn today.  We are finally home and I spent this past weekend organizing the literally thousands of photos from this summer, reliving the fantastic days that have flown by.  I realize that as we get older, time seems to fly faster, but this summer passed by at warp speed.  There were only a couple of days of rain during our month at the beach, which was filled with sun, sand, ocean, sunsets and fun (except for the whale watch when we all got sick)!  

We saw old friends, made some new friends, watched the super moon rise out of the ocean, set off fireworks for Fourth of July, made s'mores but more importantly made wonderful, heartwarming memories.  





After the beach, my family went on our yearly trip to Vermont.  Again we visited with old friends as we trekked all over the state to visit some favorite spots and discover new places we hadn't yet seen.  We ate great food, watched the dragon boat festival in Burlington and spent an evening on Lake Champlain for a beautiful sunset sail.  The antique car show in Stowe fell on our weekend to leave but we found a last minute cancellation and extended our trip so we could attend the show.


  


As I unpacked from Vermont, I simultaneously packed for a couple of days to spend with my daughter who recently rented a house on Yirrell Beach, a private beach in Winthrop, Massachusetts.  My friend Linda, my sons and I took a train up to Boston, then the T to avoid the crazy traffic and got there in just over an hour.


We toasted marshmallows, celebrated my daughter's birthday with a lobster dinner, searched for sea glass and walked around Deer Island.  We watched a red moon rise over the ocean and then set our alarms to get up and watch the sun rise the next morning.  



Everyone is sleeping in this morning.  School starts in a week.  I will be working on my summer photo book soon, but for now, I am sipping my coffee and wondering where has the summer gone?




2 comments: