Monday, December 17, 2012

Twas the Week Before Christmas...


Twas the week before Christmas and all through the house
My sons and I decorated, with no help from my spouse.



The stockings were hung on the rail by the stairs
The blankets and pillows decorated the chairs.



Unfortunately we tied the tree to the wall,
Because after a few days of tipping we feared it might fall.


Part of the village was set up under the tree,
And some even sat on the table near the TV.




The nutcrackers guarded the TV remotes.
To see the outside, we had to put on our coats.


Santa and Mrs. Claus looked out below.
At Rudolph's nose glowing right there in the snow.



A family of reindeer stood in the side yard.
Where at Halloween, there was a graveyard.


A moose and a wagon out front with a light.
The beautiful decorations lit up the night.


A snowman will welcome Santa, that jolly old elf.
When he comes here on Christmas all by himself.


But no, he won't be alone this year.
He'll have his sled and all the reindeer.

And after he leaves, and rides out of sight,
He'll say, 

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a Good Night!

(this was composed with a little help from my 11 year old son)



Have a wonderful holiday everyone!!


2 comments:

  1. I love this poem! I had to share it with my daughter and she says she wonders if you all were related to Dr. Seuss. :) We thought it was really cute. Really talented. Kudos to you & your son. Love the pics too.
    http://www.writingmydreams.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I had wanted to do a Christmas post, but was feeling sad after the tragedy this past weekend and couldn't get inspired. I started playing around with this poem and my 11 year wanted to join in and help!! glad you and your daughter enjoyed it!! Merry Christmas!

      Delete