Monday, March 21, 2016

Spring Fever, um SNOW?, Let's Go to the Zoo...



Welcome, welcome first day of spring.  But it's SNOWING out!  Yes, a winter 'storm' was predicted for today and sure enough I woke up to snow, although not as bad as it could have been.  We've had a nice stretch of warm weather this winter so I guess Mother Nature feels like she should keep us on our toes.  But yesterday was a nice afternoon and my sons and I took a ride to Roger Williams Park Zoo in Providence.  

I have to admit I was looking forward to getting outside, doing a little walking and taking pictures.  Recently a cheetah exhibit had been added and we were looking forward to checking it out.  They did not disappoint.  




While 3 of the 4 cheetahs were just chilling on the rocks, there was one that kept pacing against the wall of the enclosure that abutted the zebras.  Everyone got a kick out of it because this cheetah was determined to try and find a way to get to the zebras.




Most of the animals were outside in the 40 degree weather and I was pleased to see how cooperative they were in 'posing' for the camera.





























































Our favorites were the snow leopards.  They were pretty active yesterday and were playing with each other.  Both my sons and I agreed we could have watched them for hours.  



























Happy Monday and Happy Spring!!  




2 comments:

  1. We love that zoo too!! We wintered in Florida this year and are missing the little bit of white that we normally would expect before we left. Love your photos I guess we will need to take a ride over when we get back to see the cheetahs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really a great zoo! If you come up, let me know, we can meet up!

      Delete