Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Hello, It's Been a While...



HI...

Apparently, I have taken a hiatus from my blog since this past spring.  There was a ten day trip to Washington, DC then a perfectly blissful summer where other than relaxing and being a Mom, nothing much else got done.  

I was also able to spend some time immersing myself in recreational reading. I had denied myself this little pleasure in the past, but more than made up for it these past few months, finding great enjoyment from Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series.  They are quick easy reads and laugh out loud funny.  

And now all of a sudden we are in the middle of the holiday and political seasons.  The politics I can seriously do without.  I have a hard time even listening to the current lineup - I think they're all out of touch and in some cases certifiably crazy.  My heart is heavy over the recent attacks all around the world.  While I am an admitted Facebook addict, I find myself tuning out the political and depressing posts and gravitating to the funny pages with inappropriate jokes and find myself getting quite a kick out of some of the more naughty Elf on A Shelf ideas.  

Our outside decorations are up and I now have begun the task indoors which I hope to complete in the next couple of days.  





And I am still in the throes of writers' block   although I'm not really a writer.  I find my mind wanders to the fact that my older son will be starting high school next year and he needs to make a decision as to where he will go, and my youngest son will be 13 next week!  Where has the time gone?  







So as Christmas has thrown up in my living room, I will have to excuse myself to finish up some decorating!




No comments:

Post a Comment